Welcome to this blog, I’m presenting here the evolution of the wonderTest project.
The first step of this long project is WonderChoice.
WonderChoice application is a prototype for an item generator based on choice interaction. Its purposes are to offer more efficiency to your workflow, more freedom, and more creativity.
A better workflow
• WonderChoice can generate item packages, these packages can be imported in TAO platform in one click respecting a PCI format.
• WonderChoice can generate multi-choice/single-choice items using a text list.
• WonderChoice can integrate a Microsoft Word presentation using its own rich editor.
• WonderChoice can automatically index the choice-answers of you items.
• WonderChoice can integrate different parser to massively import your items. A generic parser is available in this Alpha version and named #code (Sharpcode). It can handle more than 100 items imported in one row to your WonderChoice interface.
• WonderChoice has its own item-metadata manager. It means that all item generated are ready to be included in an item library.
A better item presentation
• WonderChoice use a graphic interface to add / modify / delete all elements that will compose your item. You are free to choose where the label or the checkbox will be positioned and what element you want to add.
• But freedom brings complexity, WonderChoice helps you with special handler, a magnetic grid, group selection, and shortcuts to quickly reorganize your elements.
• You are also free to add images and graphics elements and manage their superposition.
• You can resize and rotate all elements.
• You can choose through the parameter menu many variations for checkboxes, ticks, text … The parameters options are built to be enriched.
• You can resize the canvas and build quickly items adapted to a mobile phone or any specific format
Events handlers and new possibilities, respecting the standards…
WonderChoice proposes some special modalities
• The elimination mode (you can ask to the student to choose and eliminate answers)
• The feedback (When the choice is clicked a text, or an image can appear)
• The hint (a light globe can be clicked to get some help)
• Shuffling the choices
• Choice limiter
• Reset button
• Time limiter
These options are already present in many assessment tools but, WonderChoice authorize to explore more events, in that Alpha-version, you can discover the possibility to create a hierarchy for clicks and choices. Right now, I’m working on text to speech integration. That will be the next feature…